Participants are immersed in rehearsals for the shows, vocal coaching and Master Classes during their three-week residency in Steamboat Springs.
The 2018 schedule includes:
Coaching and rehearsals
Master Classes exploring vocal technique, career & audition training, singer fitness, and dramatic work.
PARTICIPANTS WILL PERFORM IN
- One or more of the three opera productions. (Don Giovanni, Cunning Little Vixen, The Monkey’s Paw)
- Participate with the professional singers in Don Giovanni by Mozart with symphony orchestra in a fully staged production.
- Participate in Don Giovanni by Mozart with symphony orchestra in concert version.
- Participate in Cunning Little Vixen by Janacek with symphony orchestra in a fully staged production.
- Participate in a traveling production of The Proposal by Milton Granger
- Master classes
- A public Arias & Art Songs Concert (repertoire assigned and prepared in advance)
- Appearances at local events to be assigned on merit and preparedness during the Institute
We STRONGLY ENCOURAGE live auditions if you desire to be cast in a specific role in Don Giovanni, Cunning Little Vixen and The Monkey’s Paw. If that is not possible, we will accept video performances. Please submit a video DVD or You Tube link with your YAP Tracker application or send a DVD with a copy of your application to the Steamboat Springs office. Singers should include three contrasting arias (please include one in English and one in Italian, the third in the language of your choice).
Applications for the 2018 program are available at YAP Tracker
Deadline: October 16th, 2017 (postmarked by that date if mailing)
Pianist-Vocal Coach, Assistant Director and Assistant Conductor
Applicants, will be contacted for an in-person or Skype interview
- Attend coachings and perform in Master Classes
- Rehearse and perform in the Arias programs
- Play at coachings for Young Artists and Principal Artists as necessary
- Assist at all rehearsals
- Attend orchestra rehearsals and assist conductor as needed
- Play at coachings for Young Artists and Principal Artists as necessary (if appropriate)
- Attend all staging rehearsals for assigned productions
- ACT AS ASSISTANT Opera Stage Director TO THE ASSIGNED PRODUCTION
- Act as Stage Manager for the Opera/Concert Production
- Receive directing instruction from OAI Faculty
- Direct The Proposal production if selected as director.